Last modified: 10 April 2017
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Leaseably, both through and outside the Website.
- From offline activities and communications.
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1. From Visitors.
We collect certain information from and about visitors to our Website in order to better understand how visitors use the Website, including information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details, which can include potentially personal identifiable information such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses. We collect this information automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies. See Automatic Data Collection Technologies below for more information.
2.2. From Users.
You may visit our Website without creating an account, but you will not have full access to our Services. Visitors who wish to use our Services (whether as a Tenant or Landlord) must create an account, thereby becoming a “User.” To create an account, Users may be required to provide certain information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as credit card and bank account information.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.4. Types of Information Collected
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. Leaseably uses a third-party service called Formstack LLC to gather data from Landlords and Tenants via forms embedded in the Website, including information related to rental applications, maintenance and repair requests, and listing details.
- Information you provide at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our packages, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Information contained in third party reports that Users upload to the Website or otherwise provide to Leaseably, such as materials in support of rental applications like credit reports and background checks.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
2.5. User Contributions
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other Users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other Users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
2.6. Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Leaseably, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To facilitate communication between you and other Users of the Website.
- To verify information you provide to us with third parties such as previous landlords, former employers, service providers, and other parties relevant to our Services.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as credit card processors, maintenance and repair service providers, rental property listing websites, Formstack LLC, and others.
- To third parties identified by Users in rental application materials, such as former landlords and employers.
- To other User of the Website, consistent with the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address for use in communicating a message to a Landlord, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Leaseably's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Leaseably about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Leaseably, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
. Data Security
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
6. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service
8. Contact Information